EMLC VISION AND PURPOSE:
Every child deserves to be the best they can be
We are driven by a strong moral purpose that every child has the right to outstanding teaching and leadership. It is our passion to work with our children, their parents and carers and our staff to create world-class schools that demonstrate integrity of purpose through high aspiration for every child. We set high expectations for our leaders and teachers to support and stretch every child to ensure they make excellent progress and build the skills, knowledge and attributes that will prepare them well for secondary school and beyond.
We believe we have a distinctive sponsor model for delivering this vision and purpose in our academies. The key elements are:
- We value the uniqueness of local communities and see each academy with a unique identity reflecting the highest aspirations for its community and with strong links to that community, including other local schools.
- We fulfil our purpose with a relentless focus on great leadership for world-class schools. EMLC has been awarded the government contract to assess the three elements of the National College Leadership Curriculum – NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH. Through the EMLC Leadership Charity we support and enable our academy leaders to be the best they can be.
- We believe in the importance of an innovative curriculum for our academies, focusing strongly on mastering literacy and mathematics and including a foreign language from Year 2, computing, science, geography, history, art, music and physical education.
- We will extend the day that children are at our academies, because we do not think there are any short cuts to success. This will provide more time for learning, enjoyment and enrichment activities.
- We place great importance on a proper partnership with parents and carers through Parent Advocacy Groups and believe that parents and carers play an important role in the development and progress of their children in our academies.
Our current position and plans for the future
EMLC has access to a strong network of outstanding schools and outstanding leaders and are in a great position to share good and innovative practice.
We are ambitious for our academies. They are mostly based in challenging educational environments and we consider that developing and leading each one of them on this new journey in partnership with us is a superb opportunity for talented and inspirational leaders who want to make an impact and create a powerful legacy.
Our trustees are a very interesting and varied group – including an outstanding and high performing headteacher, a former principal of a beacon FE College, a former adviser to the Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit and the DfE, the Chief Operating Officer of the largest public relations company in the world, a former Chief Executive of two local authorities, a corporate director of Ten Alps, a former Senior Inspector for FE colleges and Chief Executive of SummitSkills.
We are very proud of our Academy Improvement Strategy. We are committed to supporting all of our academies to be graded as Good at their first full inspection as an EMLC Academy and on a trajectory to become judged as Outstanding.
As the sponsor, EMLC Academy Trust supports its academies through the appointment of a Challenge Adviser to advise and help the leadership team with academy improvement and the team’s plans to implement the required improvement at a pace. The Trust also monitors the standards at its academies through a termly audit, which outlines the strengths of the academy and the areas for improvement.
In addition to academy improvement we also ensure expertise and support in HR, finance, legal and communication/ marketing.
EMLC Academy Trust is committed to the setting of challenging targets for the progress and attainment of our students and our academies in order to meet our core mission. In order to reach these challenging targets our expectations are that our academies will deliver consistently good and outstanding teaching, learning and leadership.